ForumPostersUnion.com

Old 05-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Publisher

Jimmy Page News, Led Zeppelin History

Here is a great website that covers the latest Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin news, there are some great stories just on this page linked for sure!

Led Zeppelin was known for giving fans their money's worth with very long concerts running over 3.5 hours up to 4.5 hours!

Here is a Bio on of all places the Biography Channel on Robert Plant
Old 09-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Publisher

LET JIMMY PAGE & ROBERT PLANT TAKE YOU TO THE MOVIES WITH "NO QUARTER: UNLEDDED"

Big Screen Concert Event Chronicling the Led Zeppelin Pair's 1994 Reunion Presented at 44 Regal Entertainment Group Theatres Tuesday, October 26

Digitally Remastered Concert Film Offered in 5.1 Audio

New York, NY (11/12/2004) -- In 1994, 14 years after the dissolution of Led Zeppelin, guitarist Jimmy Page and vocalist Robert Plant finally reunited, creating the concert film and platinum album No Quarter: Unledded. On the tenth anniversary of this triumphant return, fans can relive Page and Plant's reunion on the big screen, Tuesday, October 26th, 9:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. PT at 44 Regal Entertainment Group (REG NYSE: RGC) movie theatres across the country.

No Quarter: Unledded, a special One Night OnlyTM Big Screen ConcertSM event, is presented by Regal CineMediaSM (RCM) entertainment services, Warner Strategic Marketing, AEG Live and AEG TV. Advance tickets are available at select Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres* box offices nationwide and online at www.bigscreenconcerts.com for an introductory price of $10.00 through October 17th. Tickets purchased after October 17th will be available for $12.50 at box offices or online. This exclusive, theatre-only premiere will be presented in spectacular 5.1 surround sound, painstakingly remixed by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

No Quarter: Unledded features re-workings of Led Zeppelin classics as well as Page and Plant's new songs written for the show. For this Big Screen Concert, they perform seventeen tracks in a variety of locations including Marrakech, Morocco and Snowdonia, as well as studio segments filmed at the London Weekend Television Studios with the London Metropolitan Orchestra. The combination of acoustic and electric tracks, including the classics "Kashmir," "Gallows Pole" and "When the Levee Breaks," first premiered on MTV on October 12, 1994.

Led Zeppelin was the definitive rock band. It wasn't just their crushingly loud interpretation of the blues; it was how they incorporated mythology, mysticism, world music and British folk into their unique style. The band was formed by Jimmy Page in 1968 and consisted of vocalist Robert Plant, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham. In early 1969, they set out on their first American tour which helped set the stage for the January release of their eponymous debut album Led Zeppelin which experienced Top Ten success on both sides of the Atlantic.

Throughout their remarkable history they released eight highly acclaimed studio albums, established their own record label Swan Song and toured perpetually. The band's last UK live performance was in August 1979, at the historic location of Knebworth House, Hertfordshire in front of a crowd of 250,000 over the two day festival. The band's most famous track "Stairway To Heaven" is the most played song in the history of album-oriented radio (it was never released as a single).

Atlantic/Warner Strategic Marketing will release Page and Plant's No Quarter: Unledded for the first time on DVD on October 26, 2004, the same day as the Big Screen Concert. In addition to the fantastic live performance footage, the DVD includes the extra track "Black Dog," which was filmed at the American Music Awards; the bonus video "Most High;" a 13-minute interview with Plant & Page; and a montage of footage from Morocco.

The CD is a re-release of the double platinum 1994 album - newly remastered under the direct supervision of Jimmy Page. This new version of the album contains all the tracks on the original album plus the bonus tracks, "The Rain Song" and "Wah Wah."

About Regal CineMedia

Regal CineMedia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Regal Entertainment Group focusing on the expansion and development of advertising and new uses for Regal's theatre assets, while at the same time enhancing the movie-going experience. Regal CineMedia operates other divisions that focus on meetings and special productions in a theatre environment, including the presentation of entertainment, educational and sports events, as well as the sale of group tickets and gift certificates.

About Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC) is the largest motion picture exhibitor in the world. The Company's theatre circuit, comprising Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres, operates 6,053 screens in 544 locations in 39 states. Regal operates approximately 17% of all screens in the United States including theatres in 46 of the top 50 U.S. markets and growing suburban areas. The size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provides patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations and, through Regal CineMedia, develop new sources of revenue and cash flow by utilizing Regal's existing asset base.

Additional information is available on the Company's web site at www.REGmovies.com or www.regalcinemedia.com.

About AEG-TV / AEG Live

AEG LIVE is a collection of companies devoted to all aspects of live entertainment including: Creative Battery, producers of live entertainment for a variety of media and venues; Concert West and Golden Voice, live entertainment promotion and touring companies; and AEG TELEWORKS, full television production service providers. AEG-TV / Spring Communications, an affiliate of the AEG, is devoted to the creation, distribution, and marketing of live events digitized for television, DVD, pay-per-view, cinema and other electronic media. Visit www.aeg-tv.com for more information.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Publisher

Here is a press release dated 2002 from released on PRweb.com on a book published on Led Zeppelin.

- LED ZEPPELIN BY NEAL PRESTON
- PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 2002 BY VISION ON

VISION ON ANNOUNCES A NEW BOOK: LED ZEPPELIN - An Independent Photographic History by Neal preston

Neal Preston had to be a worker of subtle magic in order to get up close to Led Zeppelin during the height of their 1970s reign. He was on the inside, shooting Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones onstage, off stage, backstage, on the road… and more. Now, Preston’s collection of some of the most interesting and entertaining rock photographs ever taken have been brought together in this remarkable new book by Vision On, including commentary by music journalist Dave Lewis.

''The fans are really interested in what goes on behind the scenes, away from the CD covers, away from the music videos... that's what it's all about, getting that rare glimpse.'' (Neal Preston)

The relationship between Preston and Led Zeppelin was well under way by 1973, when a photo taken by Preston of Jimmy Page at the San Diego leg of the tour struck a chord with Page.

“Jimmy was cradling his right hand on stage – I thought he was striking a dramatic pose but he was in fact in a great deal of pain,” recalls Preston. “Page later revealed that his wrist had been injured as a result of a fall.” He had liked the photo so much Preston was asked to accompany them on the road.

Preston was right there, on the private jets and at the aftershows, and his record of the band at their pagan Hammer of the Gods peak reverberates loudly. This collection will reach both serious Zeppelin fans and the casually curious. Fans will recall the images of Robert Plant holding a white dove in his hands and the infamous Jimmy Page swigging from a Jack Daniels bottle, as the embodiment and spirit of the band. These are indeed also among Preston’s favourites.

However, Preston adds: “The privileged access given to me by the band offer a behind-the-scenes peak, away from the CD covers, away from the music videos…at the peak of their success…that’s what it’s all about, getting a rare glimpse.”

As Dave Lewis remarks, “Preston’s shots display the often underplayed humour and camaraderie of Zeppelin on the road… If you want to relive the memories or discover what it all looked like, then the photographs Neal Preston took of Led Zeppelin in their absolute prime are simply essential viewing.”

For image and book requests, please contact Sarah Marusek at SMPR - E. e-mail protected from spam bots - T. 718 789 1955

Editor’s Notes:

Neal Preston
Los Angeles-based Neal Preston was Led Zeppelin’s tour photographer in the 1970s and had full access to the band, onstage and off. A photographer working extensively in the musioc business for over 30 years, Preston has also produced memorable and candid images of Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, The Eagles and U2 among others. Vision On Publishing Established in December 1999 by British photographer Rankin and Alex Proud.

Vision On is committed to producing quality photographic books with a mass market appeal. Using the highest standards of photography, design and production, Vision On has led the way in the creation of popular art books. Over the past 3 years, Vision On has worked on high profile book and exhibition projects including the critically acclaimed RANKIN NUDES, NIRVANA, DAZED & CONFUSED ANNUAL, BLOOD & GLITTER by Mick Rock, AUDREY: AN INTIMATE COLLECTION by Bob Willoughby, THE STONES 65-67 by Gered Mankowitz and UNDEREXPOSED edited by Colin Jacobson.

Feeding from an international creative network of new talent, Vision On aims to continue its commitment as a showcase for cutting edge photography and with the promise of over thirty new titles, 2003 looks even more exciting than the last.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Publisher

Here is a fantastic Led Zeppelin History resource that goes into many aspects of the band and even discusses bootlegged recordings and videos like the filming of the Knebworth performance by Led Zeppelin in 1979.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Publisher

The original singer Jimmy Page considered for Led Zeppelin and the man who recommended Robert Plant to Page, Mr. Terry Reid says he has no regrets for turning down the opportunity to be lead singer in Led Zeppelin.

Reid goes onto say he has never made any big money and would like Jimmy Page to pay him a finders fee for his suggestion of Robert Plant and John Bonham.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Publisher

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...age-0207-2011/

Quote:
On what made his band work, as told to People in 1975

“The actual chemistry — or is it alchemy — of the group is that everything just always fits together. I can go roaring off on a solo, then suddenly break off into staccato. I look up at Robert [Plant] and somehow we’re all there. It’s like ESP.”

On the accoutrements of fame, as told to Rolling Stone in 1975

“I love playing. If it was down to just that, it would be utopia. But it’s not. It’s airplanes, hotel rooms, limousines and armed guards standing outside rooms. I don’t get off on that part of it all. But it’s the price I’m willing to pay to get out and play.”

On his approach to love, as told to People in 1975

“Let’s just say I’m like a ship passing through storms, resting in ports now and then until it’s time to continue the journey. I once told a friend, ‘I’m just looking for an angel with a broken wing’ — one that couldn’t fly away.”

On the wild world of rock and roll, as told to Guitar World in 2006

“Everybody has dark and light in them, and evil is just a relative idea. Many ideas regarding sex and drugs that were considered taboo in the ’50s are accepted now. Who’s to say what’s right and what’s wrong? In another 50 years, it’ll all be topsy-turvy anyway. It’s just the way people view a collective consciousness at any given time.”

On hopes for a Led Zeppelin reunion, as told to The Sunday Times in 2010

“At the time of the run-up and rehearsals towards the [O2] show, I think we assumed that there were going to be more dates. It would have been nice to have played more concerts. But, even while I was going ’round doing Christmas shopping, people were still coming up and saying, ‘Is there a chance of a reunion?’ I don’t have any real answer, apart from that it doesn’t look like it.”
Old 08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Publisher

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/...ice-he-doesnt/

Quote:
Guitar teachers are always telling students to practice. You come in for your lesson having neglected structured studies in favor of jamming to your favorite tunes for the past week, and your teacher looks at you all disappointed that you flubbed an A Dorian scale. But did you really waste your time? Absolutely not.

Sure, that teacher can probably rip through every scale in existence in no time, and he probably can torch a lot of guys when trading solos, but practicing scales is not what got him (or her) there. Playing music is what got him there. Some of the world’s best guitarists can’t even play scales, let alone tear up the fretboard with a flurry of modes and weird eastern scales like authoritarian guitar teachers might force upon students.

Jimmy Page, the legendary guitarist of the Mighty Led Zeppelin, is one of those players. In an interview with Steve Rosen, he said, “I don’t just sit down and play scales and things. I should have done but I never did. I can’t play a scale. You think I’m kidding but I’m not. I can’t.” This is one of the world’s most beloved guitarists saying that he can’t play ANY scales. He didn’t just say there are some odd scales he’s unfamiliar with. He’s saying he would stumble over a C Major scale.

Apparently, you don’t need scales to be able to write or improvise incredible solos, like the many iconic journeys Page takes us on in songs like “Stairway to Heaven” and “Kashmir.” Instead of sitting down and practicing scales or techniques, Page just picks up “the acoustic guitar for a start and it’s usually in a tuning. I sort of change tunings around a bit and I’m searching for new chords and shapes and things.”
Old 07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Publisher

Breakup and end of PAGE/PLANT music partnership after two albums and tours

http://www.ledzeppelinnews.com/1999/...nt-may-be.html

Quote:
Page and Plant had been in the public eye almost constantly since their long-awaited reunion in 1994, their first permanent combination since the breakup of Led Zeppelin in 1980. Since then, the voice and guitar of Led Zeppelin have recorded two collaborative albums and have embarked on extensive touring. The media's focus on them has dwindled since the end of their last tour in December 1998. Page and Plant have retracted from the public view, not even making an appearance to accept their Grammy award last month for their single "Most High". Plans for tour dates in Japan in 1999 have been shelved, as was the release of a Japanese CD commemorating their 1998 tour. The management team has made no reply to an invitation for the band to appear at Woodstock '99.

Plant is allegedly vacationing in India right now. He could be there with Najma, which would solidify the report.

Page and Plant's manager Bill Curbishley may want to manage The Who on another reunion tour rather than undertake another venture with the duo.

PAGE'S ACTIVITY AFTER THE BREAKUP

For Page, a breakup would mean two things: being a father to his new son Asher, and getting done the things he should have done long ago, some live Led Zeppelin releases. With not being tied down to working with Robert Plant, the sky is the limit.

Page's other "projects" could very well include the release of a live Led Zeppelin album, as was promised last year. Rumor has it that Jimmy Page is already in his archives remastering the Royal Albert Hall concert from January 9, 1970. Only one track from the soundboard recording has already been released by the band, and that was "I Can't Quit You Baby" which can be found on the LP Coda in 1982. The band had recorded this concert professionally for a television documentary, so perhaps even a video release is in the works.

After that, who knows, Page might even get to working on the live chronological album that he has been talking about for over twenty years.

"We have so much good live stuff. We've got six live concerts on tape which were good nights. We've got some ancient stuff live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970. It's very interesting to listen to. You can compare different versions of tunes as they span the years. So a chronological live compilation is a thing I've always been keen on, but the soundtrack came out so it's been shelved for a while." — Jimmy Page, 1976

"It's [the soundtrack to The Song Remains The Same] an honest soundtrack live album, but a chronological live album is something I've always fancied. There's great stuff there and it takes us right up to this year. There's a winning version of 'No Quarter' from Earl's Court and from the Albert Hall 'I Can't Quit You Baby'. The 'How Many More Times' is also pretty good. It's great hearing those numbers that we'll probably never do again. We've also got numbers from Southampton University and some small clubs." — Jimmy Page, 1977

"It's all in the tape vaults still but it would take a long time to do it. It would be a monumental task at this point in time." — Jimmy Page, 1988

For those who fear that a Page/Plant breakup will mean not hearing Page play the guitar, it could mean something entirely different. While he is in the studio mastering tapes, he may suddenly getPresence fever, the strong urge to record himself playing guitar.

The last two years have shown that Page likes to spread himself out. His contribution to The Inner Flame (a 1997 tribute album to Rainer Ptacek), his contribution to the Godzilla soundtrack (1998), his live performance with Puff Daddy on Saturday Night Live (1998), and his contribution to The Jimmy Rodgers All-Stars' tribute album to Jimmy Rodgers (1999) are all indications that he may again become a session man.

PLANT'S ACTIVITY AFTER THE BREAKUP

Should Plant decide to go solo again, his rhythm section would probably remain the same: Michael Lee on drums and Charlie Jones on bass guitar. He would be out of a guitarist, so in search of a guitarist, he may turn again to Phil Johnstone who played on Robert's last solo album, Fate Of Nations, in 1993. Johnstone, Lee, and Jones already have a good rapport, having worked together not only on Plant's records but their own – Chernobyl Poppies.

Since Plant's album Fate Of Nations was arguably the best-sounding of all of his solo albums, his future work as a solo artist seems promising. He definitely still can write songs, as heard on Walking Into Clarksdale!

PAGE/PLANT STILL HAVE WORK TO DO TOGETHER

Should Plant go solo again and/or Page return to session work, they must keep in mind that they have signed a contract with Atlantic Records in the United States. This is a three-album deal. As of now, they have released two albums.

The third album could be the result of yet another Page/Plant reunion, or they could just cop out and release previously recorded material and call that the obligatory third album. They certainly have the material to release, given that the Japanese live CD was almost issued.

The latter of those two plans recalls what Led Zeppelin did in 1982. Since the band had signed a five-album deal and had broken up in 1980 just one album short of fulfilling their contractual obligations, Coda, an album of outtakes was released posthumously by the band.

PAGE/JONES REUNION ON THE HORIZON?

If Plant does break away from Page, that proposes an interesting situation for Page and his former bandmate John Paul Jones. Formerly the keyboardist and bassist of Led Zeppelin, Jones is scheduled to release a solo album early this year, which will be followed by some touring of his own.

There are a few good reasons why Jones has not collaborated with his former Led Zeppelin bandmates since 1980 (except for a few one-off appearances). He has been a well-known producer of albums for rock bands such as R.E.M. and The Butthole Surfers. He has been in the studio experimenting with keyboard techniques and technology. He has appeared on an album by (and toured with) Diamanda Galas. Arguably the most musically diverse member of Led Zeppelin, Jones could be at a turning point following the course of his scheduled touring.

He may have the option to separate Page from Plant. He and Plant have not seen eye to eye over issues in the last several years, hence Jones was not invited to participate in the Unledded project. Now that Page may be on his own again, Jones could be more accepting of Page and perhaps lead to a Page/Jones reunion in some form or another.

If he forms an alliance with John Paul Jones, with Jones' production skills and Page's remastering/mixing abilities, they could have a most enjoyable chronological live album on their hands.